Device Doctor is a freeware Windows application that scans your computer hardware and checks to see if there are new driver updates available for your devices. It also locates drivers for Unidentified Devices in the Windows Device Manager. All this in a portable utility that can run off of a USB drive. This tool was designed to be very simple and easy to use.
Device Doctor Features:
1) Device Driver Database
- Provides drivers for most computer hardware and device manufacturers
- More than 3 terabytes (3,000 GB) of drivers currently in the database
- We cache all drivers so downloads are quick and work every time
- Fast hardware scan takes mere seconds
2) Consistent Updating
- Constantly updated to include new driver versions as soon as released
- Every driver is human reviewed using specialized compatibility tools
- Learns from other users as it recommends better drivers every day
3) Future-proof with Windows 7 and 64-bit Support
- Designed for Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7
- Thousands of drivers coming in weekly for Windows 7
- Full support for 64-bit systems, as well as 32-bit systems
4) Several new features:
- Provides device names for unknown devices before updating drivers
- Can be used offline: scan results are saved so you can move them to a connected computer and download there
- Updates WHQL (Microsoft certified) and non-WHQL drivers
Yes, it is completely free with no adware or malware!
» version 1.0 - posted on 2010-04-07
EULA - End User License Agreement
License Agreement for Device Doctor by Device Doctor Software Inc.
Copyright 2010 Device Doctor Software Inc.
By using, distributing, or making available this product, you acknowledge that you accept the following terms and conditions:
Device Doctor Software Inc. (Device Doctor Software) provides the Device Doctor Product (the Product) for free for your personal or commercial use, so long as you abide by this Agreement.
THIS PRODUCT IS PROVIDED *AS IS* AND ANY EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE REGENTS OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION).
You acknowledge that Device Doctor Software is under no obligation to provide support, updates, bug fixes, or any other ongoing development or improvements to the Product.
Device Doctor Software grants you a limited, non-exclusive license to redistribute the Product, so long as the Product is unaltered, you are not selling or charging for the Product, you are not repackaging the Product, you do not modify the method of installation of the Product, and correct attribution of authorship of the Product to Device Doctor Software Inc. is provided.
This license agreement shall be governed by and construed under the laws of the Province of British Columbia in Canada, and the courts of the Province of British Columbia shall have exclusive jurisdiction to hear all matters arising out of this Agreement.